PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What news on the vote?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2002, 10:03
fire wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fan Man, the perceived direction of the workforce of my company is being commanded by Demery with 35.8% of the pilot workforce backing his/the General comittee's "call".....this does not fill me with a warm fuzzy glow.

Come on Frankg....how about some AOA spin....blame it on the Aussies maybe....sorry there cowboy, make it simple for you eh.........574 votes / 1600 pilots = 35.8%

Perhaps more significantly, it can be read that the 309 votes given to Elliott are an indication to all of just how many are prepared to let the 51'ers hang out to dry (something I would not condone personally but being a non union member my opinion is of little value...right Franky.) If you summize that the non union workforce agree with this call (1600-907=693 non union/non financial AOA members.) and add this to Elliott's vote then 1002 pilots have a "potential" conflict with Demery's direction.

Nigel is a smart cookie and I figure he can do the sums as well as all of us, so I figure the flow of champagne is being tempered in the Demery camp and some serious thought given to the way foward....unfortunately I beleive they have run out of ideas .... a ship with a wayward compass in an ocean full of reefs.

Last edited by fire wall; 6th Aug 2002 at 10:51.