PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish government prepares to use military against air traffic controllers
Old 13th Aug 2010, 17:28
aldegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chumpitaz, don't worry about your holidays. We announced a few days ago that we wouldn't go to strike on august and looks like we're just about to reach an agreement (just on very basic issues, in order to continue negotiating, still a long way to go...). Hope you enjoy your flying-holidays in Spain

However, the threat of using military controllers is there to be used in the future, under "exceptional circumstances" (???) as the minister says.

Would military controllers have a valid GAT control license ?
If not, would I have to co-ordinate anything with them (ACCs) ?

How come they can train in a few days when a full qualification usually takes months or years ?
Can't really answer your questions because all we know is what the minister has said on the media. Nothing was said about issuing them GAT control licenses. About the training, initially he said that military controllers could substitute us with "just one day of training" (we must be really bad controllers...). However, later he had to rectify and mentioned "a few weeks". He always spoke about TWRs, not ACCs (but you all know that for the media we all work in TWRs, ACCs don't exist).

I wonder about the legal liability of handing over to an unlicensed controller?
I wonder too...