PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 15:46
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Juan Tugoh,
I was crew at the time of the 97 big sicky.I don't feel that BA caved in. BASSA told the crew they had got them a big victory but everything that they gained was already on the table. At the time I was in CC89 (now known as AMICUS) and we did not go on strike. BASSA was part of the TGWU and you are right, in the fact that they made out they had got a great victory but those of us in the more honest union CC89 new that what BASSA said they had gained was already being offered prior to the strike. SO once again BASSA took crew out on strike (actually most did go sick) for absolutely nothing, just like now.

So basically BASSA have been lying to crew for years and years.The deal that had already been negotiated by CC89 back in 97, was the one that gave them all the new long range agreement, that WW crew now enjoy and yes you are right BASSA did take the credit for it but at the time they were playing their usual tricks of not wanting to sit in the same room as CC89 reps.

I feel very sorry for all the now AMICUS reps because they have been forced by their, now joint parent union Unite, to show a united front with BASSA and I am sure that many of them are upset by what has been going on but are unable to do anything about it.