PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 14:02
FoxHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Much like the over 60 Captain that sat down at the flight planning table recently. Only looked at the landing fuel and said, "I am adding 20,000#" The three other F/O's looked surprised as we had well over 2+ hours of fuel planned on arrival. Before I could ask the obvious question someone said, "Why?". His CRM Response;"Because I can".
I think he was trying to tell you that he thought 21,000# would be too much.

I do have exchanges with them. It is usually something like this, "That was for us!", "It is Shannon Control, not Shanwick. Shanwick is the over water portion", "The frequency is 132.250", "That is the SLP, do you want to start slowing?", "line up and wait after means they expect you to take the runway when he departs. you don't get a separate clearance", "He is asking for the registration number and destination"...well you get the picture. I am concerned for the safety of the flight.
Jeez, I'm over age 60 and those are some of the problems I have with F/Os under age 40. I guess I could add having the RFO get the ATIS into CDG and writing it down as 29.82 or the F/O reading back the clearance to FL100 as cleared to ten thousand.

Lambourne, hope you enjoy what is left of your career. Your future looks dim for the long term