PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 09:10
Fangio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lambourne,I retired from flying at 65, during which time I have no recollection of asking the F/O to get me a coffee or a newspaper, which seems to be one of lambourne's gripes. I was interested in their career progression and have watched with interest as their careers have unfolded. Many are still in contact with me. The CRM training in the UK encourages cross checking actions in both directions across the cockpit.
The DH Trident accident report at LHR many years ago is still well worth a read. The crew relationship, regardless of age is paramount to safety. Your attitude to your colleagues lambourne is dreadful, and not condusive to the safety of the aircraft and the passengers. Have you forgotten the first time you went solo, the thrill of flying remains with most pilots into old age, in spite of the obstacles encountered every working day. Remember that you work in one of the most enjoyable professions, enjoy it, stop whingeing. I hope that your attitude will change when you are in the left hand seat.

I thouroughly enjoy retirement, but confess that I still look up with a feeling of pleasure when an aircraft goes overhead, but as they say "Been there, got the T-shirt" and no regrets.

Fangio