PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulence: PA28 vs Pipersport
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 08:22
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a sad git, I have flown all of the types listed above apart from the Skycatcher (and AT4 which is actually an downgraded AT-3 for the American LSA market). Some handle the bumpy bits better than others but none of thenm are poor. Personally, I found the Aquila the best to fly but most would admit that this aircraft is on the fringe of the mainstream VLA/LSA market (check the price ).

Of the rest, I found the Sportcruiser and AT-3 very similar to fly with the SC winning on interior and finish. The Tecnam 2002 is more of a pilot's aircraft (slightly bigger smile on face) and handles the bumpy bits a little better but it is somewhat cramped compared with the rest. The Remos is an interesting aircraft and I'm a little surprised it hasn't made a bigger impact on the UK market (folding wings) but again it is a bit pricey.

FWIW, I fervently believe this type of aircraft is the way ahead for GA. Yes, there will always be people who want/need nice big cruising machines (Cirrus, TB20 etc) but the mainstream market is for something less.