PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Updated Living Costs - AUH
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 06:12
mabele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated Living Costs - AUH

I know this will bother some, but it has been a while though since any fresh, new general living costs have been addressed.

I understand it is difficult to generalize, as many pilots are spread out and have varied lifestyles, if I may, I'll throw out a scenario to help narrow things down.

Capt.
Married.
Two Kids ( under six ).

Looking ( for example) at the Etihad allowances, they offer @170k for housing. Will that provide comfortable living, ie a villa in a good area ( if the good area exists what are some of the more favored locations to live?)

The Schools. I read a lot about no places etc. Is that still a reality? which are the best ( top three) schools?

Cars. Do most people have just one or is two the norm. Is it better to buy second hand?

Supermarkets. Good selection? affordable?

Is electricity a killer? what about water rates?

And most importantly ( all things being said, and there are a lot of things being said!) overall when you do have time off do you have a good lifestyle, things to do with the family etc. (Drinking is also important...)

If you do generally fit into this criteria, what ( and I know this is personal) would your monthly fixed costs be?

I know most of you are sick of replying to these threads, but it really does help. Most appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by mabele; 13th Aug 2010 at 06:40.