PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Academy ripping off Jetstar applicants
Old 13th Aug 2010, 04:52
Nadsy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sgt Bundy,

I think there are a lot of people out there who can see it from your point of view, myself being one of them. I've had 'half' a go at the GA route and still have plans to try (still need many hours, especially Twin).

Time's ticking for me though, and I think I have another 2 - 3 years left to make something of it by way of dragging my family to the outback (while leaving a perfectly good IT contract position behind that I've had for 5 years).

I have tried for cadetships before, and will try again (as contentious as they are in these forums), as they do offer a person in my (and your) position a good chance to get to where we eventually want to be. Leaving the discussion about whether I should or shouldn't apply for the greater good of aviation aside, I do believe that one needs a plan B (in my case plan A) through the conventional hour building route. There are so many if's and but's when it comes to cadetships... they're not a sure thing, and are almost like the lottery in some ways.

All the best with your next lesson!

Nads.