PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 13th Aug 2010, 03:42
Baldnfat

Location: Australia - (far away from Mum and her wooden spoon)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drift

None taken 1a

Sorry to add to the drift Tid

My Dad began learning to fly in the late fifties/early sixties. I started official lessons (still learning every time I go up) in the middle of 89 in company with one of the pilots union lawyers at the time. So I also got to know a bit about what our "glorified bus drivers" (such a sign of respect from the old silver shagger) went through.

If we all stop for a moment and think about the advances in technology since 1989 and how we (in no particular order of importance)as pilots,engineers,cabin crew,ground crew, etcetera, etcetera have benefited from some and suffered because of others, the "light may come on" as to how we as a group can prevent the Off-shoring by Australian Airlines.

When I consider the outcome of j*s parent company and the last effort at outsourcing maintenance to an overseas country (remember the old oxy bottle through the cabin and out of the fuselage trick) and how so many passengers (by pure a##e) lived to tell the story to the grandkids, I wonder what part of Q's former leaders example AJ missed.

I really can't afford to miss the meeting on the 23rd. I think every member of the Australian travelling public (if they choose to) should get to view it streamed live via the internet as well. The cost of setting up the IT stuff needed for such an event is one that I am happy to donate 10AUD ( receipt required) to AFAP or whoever sets it up. I will not be flying or instructing in theory on the 23rd.

I only have 1 question.

If all of the registered over 18 year olds in this country can vote on the 21st. Why hold such and important meeting on the 23rd?