PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 13th Aug 2010, 00:39
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slasher, this is a whole new ball game mate. We had a Prime Minister who answered to developers, the present bunch are too busy watching their own backs to worry about you lot, and you can safely say the pilots of 89 and their pay claim, regardless if you agreed with it or not, was the start of enterprise bargaining, which is the norm these days. What I DON"T want to see are the AIPA and the AFAP frightened to have a go because of us, the companies will continue to heap sh#t on you whilst you have that attitude, and us, the 89ers, hope to see you unite under one banner and stick it too them. While we are certainly irelevent these days, (or many of us are) it was us blokes (yes I was on the AFAP committee) who fought to get pilots, good wages (I was earning less than my neighbour who serviced phone lines) got the bid lines going, got good accomodation for our crews (the companies would have us share a room if they could) and no I don't think we were bloody hero's for doing it, it was a privilege to battle some of these bastards, but it should not stop now, speak up, you live in a democracy, use it, it is not a forgone conclusion as you suggest, only if you allow it to be..