PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 22:59
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dalek,

Yes, I may be wrong.....but I might not be; hence doubt, n'est pas?

However, I would say that the WP change indicates to me that the crew had identified their turning point (or at least the area of it) and they were content that they had had navigated with sufficient confidence close to the Mull and its lighthouse and that they were intending to turn left towards their next WP (Corran) - the President of the BOI later concured with this, I think. Also, that logical technique is what I was officially taught to do at LL (a number of times) and what I have taught everyone else since. It also works! (But one had to try to get a L/R or XTE update on the next leg as soon as practicable.)

For an operator, it is very frightening to think that any radio interference on the nav kit would ever result in having to switch the kit off to correct the problem!! Sadly, that is what Chinny Mk 2 crews had to live with, or so it seems....an awfully-implemented re-design and upgrade, it should never have been allowed to fly in that state .... and certainly not with pax aboard!

flipster

Last edited by flipster; 13th Aug 2010 at 08:16.