PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 21:35
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I don't see any real problem with a few of us undesirables getting punted off their forum because they still have 30,000 desirables left.
I don't see a problem with it either. In fact I didn't give them a chance and left on my own.

It's a shame though because there is not enough discussion about this and it is getting harder and harder to find a venue for it. When this issue first landed at the CHRT I knew very little about it, but made sure I read up. After looking at what is happening in the rest of the country vis-a-vis mandatory retirement, and specifically at the worldwide pilot issue with ICAO's initiative, it was obvious to me this was a done deal. No amount of hot air from the peanut gallery would change it even a tiny bit.

I didn't get vocal about it until I saw what ACPA was doing, and I saw nothing but disaster on the horizon if they persisted on this course. Their behavior on this issue from the start has violated their obligation to provide responsible representation to the membership. Their most recent actions flagrantly violate their duty to provide fair representation to all their members. And since August 28th, 2009 they have been violating Canadian law through unabated discrimination of it's pilots over the age of 60.

These have resulted in legal action against them and while they of course deny everything, what will they do when these legal actions go against them? Will they admit they were wrong? Oooops...sorry about that. By the way, here's a special assessment against each and every one of you for $??,???, please pay as quickly as you can because after all, we were only doing what you wanted us to do.

Last edited by engfireleft; 12th Aug 2010 at 21:48.