PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 19:10
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The line check is a laugh. They have over 60 pilots checking over 60 pilots. I've seen a few of these first hand. The over 60 check airman adamantly swearing we should be flying variable cost index Mach in MNPS airspace, where a Mach number was assigned. Pointed out the "mach number technique" from our manual. He said the book was wrong. That resulted in specific verbiage being added to the manual to state what myself and the other FO were telling him. This interpretation of his was his only, but he was over 60 and stopped learning and started creating SOP. This line check included several gross SOP errors by the gummer getting the check ride. Yet, he was given a pass.

The FAA medical is hardly a thorough evaluation. There are numerous, "cough, you pass" doctors collecting $100 bucks a pop. What is the reason to down someone? These docs want the income. We have pilots so fat they can hardly walk to the gate without breaking out in a full workout sweat. Most just keel over and the case of the CAL pilot recently some do it while at the controls.

In a bit of irony, atop this page for me was an advertisement for "senior housing". Must be targeted advertising!