PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA Cessna 180's in PNG
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 18:36
saabsforever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well Chuck its a bit hard to get down in the trees when doing a type rating with the CAA!
Made me think quite a few C185/180 on the ramp when i got to PNG in 92. TAC and MFX we know. AWM was often parked next to TAC but was sadly crashed soon after I got there. Same with UIF, the new tribes 180 (very late model). Crashed with the loss of all on board later in 92 I think between Wiatape and Kira. Also ROW ex BA? which was lost later in the year or in 93 near Chimbu. Almost a postscript to the AWM crash. KIK one of the last 180s was still in Kikori now down south i guess. ROG a mission 180 in the highlands now ZK KRM in NZ. IDL lost in the highlands a while ago along with Ian. Richards 185 in Nadzab recently lost. It was the last working 185 in the country I can think of unless the old 260 hp (the best) mission one is still in Wau. New Tribes might still have a 180 left. Probably not many C206 left either guess the days of the piston single doing the bush strips in PNG are nearing an end.