PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR Class 1 Medical - Heart Murmur
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 17:50
FlexGate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAR Class 1 Medical - Heart Murmur

Hi guys, i've been reading through these forums for quite a well now and thought it was time to finally sign up and post a few questions that I have. Basically, im 22 years old and have had no health issues what so ever in my life apart from a heart murmur that got found by my GP a few years ago. Subsequently, I was told to go to the local Hospital and get an ECG done. I was told that I have:

Very mild mitral regurgitation / Floppy MV with Mild Prolapse

This has got me worried as im planning on obtaining my JAR Class 1 Medical and I am worried if I will pass the ECG test. The doctor however told me that it is very common and that there is nothing to be worried about. I have since gone to my second hospital ECG scan and have been told that there has been no detoriation of this condition.
I have performed a search on pprune and various other websites through google and people have posted that they have this problem, but not if it has prevented them obtaining a JAR Class 1 medical. I know a guy that had this problem but he obtained an FAA Class 1 medical, which from my understanding is more lenient than the JAR/CAA medical.

I have also looked at:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_Med...ion-Feb_06.pdf

This has split the different grades of murmurs into three; Minor regurgitation orMitral valve prolapse only, Moderate regurgitation and Severe regurgitation. If I just look at my condition and base it on this document, I should be okay to pass the ECG right? Or can you have a Very mild mitral regurgitation / Floppy MV with Mild Prolapse and exceed the limits of the Severe regurgitation as stated in that document?

Any help would be appreciated