PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad day at the office!
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 11:20
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm rather surprised, and a tad concerned, that many Cabin Crew and Flight Deck personnel are so admiring of this individual. As a passenger this individual would have had me fearful for my safety.

The Devil is in the details.

JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater's fuse was lit before plane left the gate

A few quotes of interest:

Agitated, unkempt and bleeding from the head, Slater dramatically flung aside a life jacket and oxygen mask after giving a demonstration
For Laura Dominijanni, the trip got off to an odd start when she noticed spilled coffee in her second-row seat and asked Slater for help.
"He said, 'Not right now. Maybe when we're in the air, but I have to take care of myself, honey,'" Dominijanni recalled. "I could tell that there was something wrong with him."

Briskin said Slater became irate and cursed at the passenger, whom he is believed to have feuded with in Pittsburgh.
"It really blew my mind," Briskin told The Journal. "It was so inappropriate."
While I have sympathy for Cabin Crew when it comes to rude passengers this individual is hardly an appropriate icon.

As for the presumption that he blew the slide only after making sure it was safe to do so..his behavior hardly indicates an individual acting with concern for the safety of others.