PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 10:15
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
As Reg's last Church Parade took place yesterday at Dover, I just wanted to say that I was thinking of him and his family especially. He has given both us and them quite the most marvellous tour d'horizon of a wonderful life well-lived and, as his family read and re-read the outstanding obituaries from around the world, it is quite extraordinary for them and us as yet another interesting snippet of previously unknown information comes forward to shed even more light on the career of this extraordinary, yet modest, man.

Incidentally, and with reference to the amazing obituaries and some of the comments about the subject of medal ribbons on other threads, I had to smile when I saw in the Daily Telegraph photograph of his retirement day in 1981 that Reg was clearly more than happy to wear his full set of medal ribbons on his Sabena uniform!

Bless you, Reg, and your family, and my very grateful thanks for everything you contributed to this wonderful thread, and for your very cheerful, amusing and enlightening PMs.

Jack