PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFRDB/MSBS Indexation -Heads Up for ex-ADF people
Old 12th Aug 2010, 03:38
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
DFRDB Super....

G'Day All,

I have been 'stirring the pot' with the local aspirant in the marginal seat of Hasluck - Ken Wyatt - Lib. candidate.

The Labor incumbent, Sharryn Jackson, has not responded to my letter.

The Liberal aspirant has, and although I linked both CSS and DFRDB in my correspondence, (I am a CSS recipient - and stated that VERY clearly)
I received a reply addressing
"Military Super. Indexation".

Letter received from The Hon David Johnston, Shadow Minister for Defence, Senator for WA, on behalf of the aspiring K Wyatt - dated 28 July 2010.....

Says in part - 'A Coalition Govt will introduce more beneficial indexation arrangements for DFRDB members aged 55 years and older.......will have their pension indexed to the better of movements in the CPI, MTAWE (Male total average weekly earnings), or the PBLCI (Pensioner and beneficiary living cost index)....these changes to take effect from 1 July 2011.'

I have since queried how this relates to my CSS pension...??
Nil response to that one as yet...

The remainder of the letter waxes lyrical about how concerned they are for our Defence members etc and Labor's lack of consideration in this area.

This is 'in line with' info received and posted by 'The Shadow'.

For info only. I am not spruiking for either party. IMHO the 'Libs' had 12 years or so to do something - anything - and didn't.
Labor has not responded.
Go figure - as they say.....

.This is 'in line with' info received and posted by Mr 'Shadow'

If I receive any more info, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Ex FSO GRIFFO; 12th Aug 2010 at 03:53.