PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 02:42
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The following is a cut and paste from AVCANADA:

It has come to my attention that AVCANADA has banned Raymond Hall from posting on the Forum. I find this to be VERY disturbing as he was the only person who could accurately comment on the whole age 60 fiasco.

I never read anything from him inflammatory. The only inflammatory remarks were made by others.
Why has Raymond Hall been banned?[/font]

yycflyguy response

Really Lost? Nothing inflammatory from Ray? Threatening former colleagues with litigation based on legitimate questions?

While I agree that he could accurately comment on the flypast60 perspective he certainly hasn't offered solutions to the questions many have been asking him. Threats of future lawsuits, accusations of defamation, slander and libel, RCMP discrimination investigations against those who he has worked with resulting in the ACPA forum shutting down, meanwhile blindly leading the charge of "discrimination" which will adversely affect every ACPA member with a seniority number lower than those victimized by this unjust system that HE supported and benefited from... until 60.

I find this entire "fiasco" inflammatory.

R.O.E. from Avcanada

Just coming back after a tour at work, I'm astounded at what's going on in here.

I don't know much about the Retirement at 60 subject, nor do I particularly care. However, after reviewing the manner in which it has been "discussed," and I use the term loosely, I have wonder if there's something in the water at Air Canada lately?

This is a private site, and as such there are clear forum rules for conduct and they must be followed if posting privileges are to be kept. It is that simple. The vitriol, slander, attacks, and general bickering on display in the removed topic(s) are in contravention of those rules - rules to which we have all agreed on upon registration to the site. There is a PM button available, if you really feel the need to say something along those lines, use it.

This has generally been the most professional forum on the site, but this last round has certainly not lived up to that billing. To clarify where Avcanada stands on this topic:

It is NOT a taboo subject - yet. Joe is very close to giving the whole topic a 6 month holiday.

If the subject can be discussed without contravention of the site rules, then it will stay. The CHRT Remedy Ruling thread will stay, but some of the latest posts have been removed as they are not on topic.

Any personal attacks, slander, naming of names, or vicious posts will be removed, the users warned accordingly, and they will be given a small vacation.

It is not WHAT is being discussed, or who is discussing it as some of you would like to believe, nor is it political censorship, it is simply how it is being discussed that is the issue for Joe and the Moderators.

I hope we are clear on this, and if there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me as I'm between fire flaps at the moment and should have time to respond.