PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 12th Aug 2010, 01:45
catas420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ KRUSTY

as far as the F/O 34K sallary (42k - 8k a year in repayments) plus the Virgin IB90, 75 & 50 staff travel adding up to 9K annually WITH a ATPL and command after 5 years, it don't sound that shabby... i know a lot of instructors from GA on >35k, with no staff travel, banging their faces against the dash of a warrior or 172 5 years down the track...

you seem to have an expanse of knowledge on the whole scheme, do you think that with this recent ATPL requirement shuffle up the possibility of command with Rex via the cadets is now more realistic?

thanks for opening my eyes to all of Rex's shortcomings anyway

ps. i'm a true fresh rookie with barely 45 hours and under 9 months in aviation, i don't even want to pretend i'm any kind of an expert.. however, i make less than 35k in hospitality, i hate it, and university was not for me (so goodbye to QF cadets) which is why Rex appeals to me, even with all the crap, i don't have folks who will lend me the 40k REX will and at 22 and living solo i don't want to spend 3 years retraining in another profession i'm not interested in to afford to go thru with GA like i wanted to..