PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age limit to 70?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 00:14
Gas Bags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obie2 my good man,

From a post you made on the 2nd July 2010....

Sorry guys. Being a retired airline pilot and after 45 yrs in the business, having started at the age of 19, and progressing from SPL to PPL to CPL to Instructor rating to SCPL to 2nd class ATPL and then finally a 1st class ATPL and then 16 odd thousand hrs on a variety of piston, turbo prop and jet a/c including checking and training time, I thought I might be able to help out poor old 100 hrs with his dilemma!

Obviously not!

I shall leave "100 hrs" and the rest of you "experts" to it!

Best of british luck!

My bold...

And a reply to your post very shortly after on the same day...

yes, obviously not. You came across as rude and incapable of reading what 100 hours was asking. And your list of qualifications doesn't change a thing. Rude and unhelpful is still rude and unhelpful however many hours you have.

And yet another reply shortly after the one above, on the same day...

I am sick of comments by people like this who show a grandiose superiority about their own self-importance.

I don't care if you have a million hours and a type rating to fly Virgin Galactic into space. I would not want to be taught by someone like yourself.
And another...

Obie2. From your vast experience in aviation, I am sure you have forgotten things 30 years ago that I am still only going to learn 5 years from now.

You clearly are highly experienced (did I see right on your profile - you flew the Concorde? WOW!!!)

You can offer so much advice and share so many experiences with someone as unexperienced as myself.

May I ask you something though, just have another look at your first post (reply) to me. Is there honestly anything in this post that could have helped me with my question (except making me think that I am useless as a pilot and should rather quit?)

Anyways, congrats on a very successful career in aviation. Many young pilots aspire to have a career as great as yours. For me, I am content being PPL, but always try to improve my skills and learn something new
And another...

Good grief man, some of us simply do not want a CPL or an instructor's ticket. Is that a crime? Are we all allowed to be different?
And another...

Hmm, I wouldnt bother, looking at his other posts I think his only qualification is being troll, and not a very convincing one at that.

And another...

Obie2 - comments like yours are what gives PPRuNe a bad name. They are uncalled for and arrogant nonsense to boot.

You have had a career in flying. Well good for you. You are in the wrong forum. This is for pilots who fly for pleasure. I am more than sure that flying with you would be anything but a pleasure you crusty old maggot.
And another...

I thought that I had read just about every sort of crap on this forum.
then I read obie's post.
I reckon the nearest you have come to a real aircraft is looking at it over the fence!

OUCH....

I bet you have a handicap of 27 and can sometimes play to it.

GB