PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Hold Pool News
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 18:30
evian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I got the e mail, not the best of news, here's what it said.......

"We last wrote to you on 21st July 2009 and I thought it would be helpful to update you on our pilot recruitment plans for the next 2 years.

Based on our forecast flying for summer 2011, I’m in a position to confirm that we will not be recruiting any pilots in the current financial year. Current projections support a modest requirement for pilots in mid to late 2011.

I recognise this represents a protracted period since you originally attended pilot selection and your career aspirations may have changed in the meantime. Our own pilot selection criteria are also likely to be different to those we used during our last pilot recruitment campaign and we will make this information available when we launch our campaign in 2011.

When we commence pilot recruitment, we will advertise through normal industry routes such as Flight International magazine and via the careers section of the British Airways Internet site. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that should the prospect of a career as a pilot with British Airways still be appealing to you and subject to you meeting the pilot recruitment criteria and qualifications applicable at that time, we would welcome an on-line application from you once the campaign re-opens."