PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 15:58
JayPee28bpr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

What will be the next move and who will make it?
My guess from Holley's increasingly demented ramblings is that he's been cast out from the tribe/pride/whatever. So next step could be elections to BASSA reps. Not sure about this as I seem to remember there are all kinds of arcane restrictive practices surrounding eligibility that limit senior office holders pretty much to CSDs only. So Unite has to sort that out first, ie make the reps sort of, well, representative of the membership.

BA won't do anything. As far as they're concerned the dispute is over. There are no strikes, they've reduced headcount by about 2,000 FTE, they've got their cost reductions, they don't even have to give the pay rises they budgeted to 90% of crew. Will they do anything to provoke a reaction? I'm not sure what the upside is for them in doing so. I suspect if, between them, BA and Unite can sort out the rep problem, BA's next step would then be conciliatory. They could then move on and concentrate on the issues that really will determine WW's legacy, namely the Iberia and AA ventures.