PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FMC Failure & BRNAV Airspace?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 15:14
bjornhall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is something I haven't been able to look up so been meaning to ask: What are the BRNAV requirements regarding redundancy? E.g., do you need two GPS units and if one fails you are non-BRNAV due to lack of redundancy, or do you need only one GPS unit and you are non-BRNAV if that one fails? Is there a difference in requirements if something goes unserviceable before T/O or after you are already in BRNAV airspace?

Not too likely I am going to fly in BRNAV airspace any time soon but you never know...

Edit: The reason I ask is because of this passage in translation of LFS 2007:58 (the Swedish regulations for private flying): "The aircraft shall be equipped with sufficient navigation equipment so that the flight, if any part of the equipment should fail during flight, can continue according to the requirements in [requirement applicable to flying over certain oceans] or [B-RNAV requirements], where applicable.".

I know it is taken from a national requirement, but I don't think the requirement as such is unique to Sweden?