PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad day at the office!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 14:01
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by Lotpax
I trust that due process will be followed and that (barring any emergent defences) this gentleman will be terminated. This behavior is unacceptable.

From the story, he apparently already quit, so termination would be redundant. (I enjoyed that pun … )
Originally Posted by scarbagjack
As much as it appeals to the free spirit in most of us … it really was a stupid and un-professional stunt to pull. The poor guy needs some help, not applauded as if he was Ben Stiller in some movie.

Bingo. Life imitates art.
Originally Posted by saskatoon9999
The guy appears to be an attention seeking toss-pot, nothing more. I would say that this guy perhaps had a slight pysological issue and was more highly strung than most. I' betting he is one of the pre-madonna types we see in the industry and HAS to always be the centre of attention!

Pre-Madonna or prima donna? Madonna is also a bit of a drama queen … as such, I liked your pun!
Eitherway, his colleagues in the cabin and those on other aircraft all around the world will continue to cope far better with annoying passengers than he obviously did. How is it every other crewmember around the globe can contain their frustrations? What a tosser! What's the betting he now does the round of talk shows?
And that's the tragic part of America today: Oprah will most likely try to turn this numbskull into a folk hero. I understand there is already an online defense fund for this fella, though he did posts his $2500 for bail already ...
I wonder if the judge will simply stare this man in the face and state the following:
"Mister, it's not all about you."