PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RC-135 Update. The Yank was right!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2010, 09:19
Something witty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open and Honest reporting culture? Clearly doesn't exist over there otherwise an evidently experienced and knowledgable engineer would not have taken the action he did. The USAF ought to take a careful look at itself... Just imagine if a 'whistleblower ' had highlighted problems with Nimrod a few years ago for example rather than relying upon what appears to have been a chain of command willing to ignore problems at some level? They ought to consider that he's done them a favour; particularly since it appears he went to Senators in the first instance and not the papers. Do they have a flight safety orgnaisation with teeth like we do?

In general I think we do pretty well across here but sadly I think that similar things happen on occasion on this side of the pond; I just wish that people would speak frankly up the chain and that higher would respect that frankness and do something about it, rather than sh*ting on the individual from above. There are far too many sh*t filters in all organisations and inevitably selection for promotion is from those who don't pass on the bad news . We are the poorer because of it.