PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 11th Aug 2010, 06:59
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And good luck to you with your work here.

With the looming global shortage of experienced pilots now is certainly the time to become one cohesive and strategically intelligent group.

However I sadly suspect that such efforts will inevitably become bogged down with "you did this to me back then so I'm going to ignore your plight now and get what I can for me, now" mentality that has so plagued our industry for the past 20 or so years.

Yes the AFAP and AIPA had issues way back when they split. Yes some mucked it up for everybody. Yes DJ and J* pilots undercut Qantas salaries (which should have been the lowest datum at the time). Yes Qantas pilots were arrogant in assuming they were better than everybody else and impervious to attack. But for crying out loud isn't it time to get over all of this now and just move on?

Instead of sniping and bleating like spoilt little schoolyard brats is it inconceivable that we for once actually exhibit the intelligence we so pride ourselves on and use this constructively for our own collective benefit?

If ever there was a time to act it is now but having watched PPRune babies for what 12-13 years now, I'm not holding my breath.

In any case, good luck with the meeting.