PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barton - Helicopter Fly-In Sat 14 August
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 20:04
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pennine Boy,

I've got one chopper (arguably 2!!) based at EGCB and whilst there are minor gripes, these are, exactly that - minor. I virually live at Barton and the one thing that you cannot say about them is that the staff are unfriendly.

In terms of expense, we could all argue that landing fess are expensive or fuel prices are too high. I pick up fuel all over the country and there is a wide fluctuation. In fairness to Barton there are hotels around the country that attempt to charge £50 to land - we all endeavour to boycott them, but sometimes there's no choice. Barton's are reasonable - sure I'd like them cheaper (we don't use the bloody runway!!) but they need to charge something.

There is a very active heli fraternity there and we would love to see a few more choppers popping in. If you are in the vicinity, call in - I'll buy you a drink and a sandwich personally.

On a paralell note, Barton have waived landing fees for home based choppers (I didn't even need to 'have a word'. It was an oversight to start with and remedied quickly)

I've asked Mark from Propwash if he would be able to attend for the day and, subject to reasonable attendance, he's agreed and will do a quick windshield clean and stuff. But if I can't see any visitors attending I'm gonna stand him down.

Therefore, Ppruners, please try and indicate if you might be popping in.

Joel