PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 19:55
blue____

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pax comments on flight crew pa

On a recent flight to LHR, the captain made a pa regarding the weather in LHR... (I have flown a lot I have to say and always observed pas from other airlines and I have to agree that our weather reports can sound a bit silly)

So here is the pa (and it is the same every time): "Ladies and gents, we will shortly be arriving in LHR, we have made excellent progress. Just a quick update on the weather, the weather in London is fine,temperature 12 degrees with good visibility, scattered (or broken) clouds at 10,000 feet, 70 % humidity and a light breeze coming ...(hesitation)...from the south-east.

At this time, a pax sitting in the last row started shouting "Shut up, I am not gonna fly or sail home, I am gonna drive!!!"

I have to say, I agree with him...I think that just " It is cloudy and windy in London with temperature 15 C" would suffice.

On another occasion, the welcoming pa from the flight deck was "Ladies and gents welcome to bla bla bla... on behalf of MYSELF, thank you for flying XXX"

A pax, who was a linguist comments... I have never heared anyone that speaks himself and on his behalf at the same time!!!!

Last edited by blue____; 10th Aug 2010 at 20:48.