PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 18:04
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The probably need to pay for that big shiny terminal at YYZ. I believe that was the point when they built it..to be a HUB to the world from Canada.
Interesting point especially as no one has mentioned what the GTAA makes of all of this. Surely it is in their interest that there as many flights as possible through the shiny new terminal....and as many more passengers.
A full A380 every day would sure help with paying off the terminal.

The GTAA gets ticked off enough at the govt and it's inflexibility in helping lower the costs. I wonder if they like the govt/Air Canada saying no to a potential money spinner at their airport.

Does anyone know what the landing charges are for an A380 at YYZ. For a B747 wasn't it something like $13000. Correct me if I am wrong.
Five million in change for 365 days a year....and that is before all the passengers spend money in your shops and in your parking garages.

For those who don't believe that....look at how Ryanair operate in Europe...and look at all the airports (in the back of beyond mind) that upgraded to accomodate them. The benefits to those areas and to the airports themselves are why Ryanair get cheap landing rates into most places they fly. What else are you going to do once airside except spend money!

Emirates and Etihad alone would be worthwhile daily to the GTAA for that very reason.
If you disagree with that statement then you have never spent money in an airport before...and for that alone you have my respect!