PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 17:46
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Afternoon Engine Fire Left:

I really do not know where to start on a response as it is apparent that my writing might have been too obtuse for you judging from your response. Yes you are absolutely right only one side wins a legal argument based on a preponderance of evidence presented to the courts. If indeed A.C.P.A. is wrong they will lose the case but let us allow the legal process to unfold in the time that it takes. Since we are on constitutional issues I more faith with the Supreme Court in the ultimate definition of a complaint than I am with a quasi legal tribunal such as the C.H.R.T. Yes they do good work but again I am more comfortable with seven senior jurists debating and deciding the argument than the political appointments in the C.H.R.T. Just consider it as checks and balances.

With regards to discrimination judging from the tenor of your post would you not consider that "if you have been paying any attention at all," "you will no doubt be relieved to know your wrong" as a form of intellectual discrimination? As no where in my previous post did I attack you in any way or be offensive towards you. To summarize my post there is a legal process in play let it run its course to a logical conclusion and than move on.

Oh yes the "no life outside of work issue" why I am enjoying retirement so much is that I had a very privileged career and I am now giving back to society through charity work what I have enjoyed in my professional work. If indeed there are people who want to work past 60 let them do it but after saying that "life is not a dress rehearsal" to me the worst thing in my dying moments is contemplate I could have done something meaningful. With your passion have you considered doing union work and working from with in to make a change to your work environment? Also if are trying to get people to change their mind you will find this forum the wrong constituency to use so bring your debate to the next L.E.C. meeting. If you are articulate enough you will have a motion passed that the M.E.C. will address.