PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 14:19
q1W2e3R4t5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFS and BHD are not the same type of airport, so BHD can't expect to achieve what BFS has. Due to location BHD is curfewed, will not handle wide bodies, will not have a large cargo operation and no late night charters.
My comment is not misguided it is you.

Since when has FR been wide body, handled cargo and needed to do late night charter. This has nothing to do with FR moving base.

Progress can be better facilities, more user friendly, growing more business orientated routes
better facilities, yes , more user friendly,yes , growing more business orientated routes? how and to where? Flybe and Bmi have been at it for years and have not and would not be capable of increasing business to the level we could be talking about. I dont believe that BCA have spent the money they have, just to keep the same level of business. Work started because they never imagined the extension drama would drag on this long. When your building a house you dont decide on the foundations after the painters have moved in. All this needed to be in place so when the extension was granted it was full steam ahead.

When I say
If they open for business in BFS then BCA will get to see what they could have been.
thats exactly what i mean. Multiple based aircraft with european routes, nothing more.

Last edited by q1W2e3R4t5; 10th Aug 2010 at 14:38.