PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2009/10 season
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 13:20
soaring.high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@CavortingCheetah,
Thank you very much for the post.I completely understand that this site/thread/post is for the sheer knowledge of the people and the thread starter or the person posting his views can not be held responsible for anything.Obviously this is not an official web site of any sort.People use it as a means of sharing knowledge/views/ideas/rumors amongst one another and most of the times they do get what they want!!! Information provided by you in this thread is good enough for me so I shall not be bugging you be sending PMs and I feel sorry if you have had any bad experiencecs in the past with PMs and irrelevant questions/demands.
Secondly I am an Indian citizen but I hold an FAA CPL along with IR and ME.As far as my knowledge goes the FAA certificates/licences do not have any certain life span.They are good to go as long as your medical certificate is valid.however certain limitations are imposed if you have not flown for certain time.If a CPL holder desires to carry pessangers by Day & by Night (VFR)he needs to do 3 touch & goes by day and 3 touch & goes by nights to a full stop.So for sure I do know that my licence is not an expired one.I do not have any idea about the requirements of Botswana Civil Aviation Authority to get the FAA licence converted to the Bots one.I do agree with you that recent flight experience is always needed and comes in handy but wanted to know if I could be a part of recruitment process with my current status or not?Thanks for the advises/inputs.Keep them coming.
Regards
S.H