PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - good flying school in the US?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 12:52
Sankrit.Iyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would be best to pick a flying school in either Florida or California, mainly because of the weather. You can expect close to 300 flying days a year in these two states. I am telling you this having completed my flying in Florida.

Also, as mentioned earlier, it doesn't necessarily mean that the big schools are the best ones. You could obtain your license much quicker at a smaller school. Before you make your decision, ensure that you get FIRST HAND feedbacks from someone who has finished flying in that school recently. Their reputation changes from year to year, depending on the influx of students, availability of instructors and state of the aircrafts. As mentioned above, Embry Riddle and Flight Safety are two of the best flying schools in the world without a doubt. Be prepared for rigorous training in these schools though, as they expect nothing less than 100% from the students. Hence, completion of flying might take a longer time, but the quality of the airman produced is simply sensational.

From your post, I do understand time is of the essence. Try and pick a school with low students/aircraft ratio and also pick a place with fare weather. The rest should go smoothly. Cheers.

Happy Landings