PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What did you have to give up?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 11:06
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter is, if you have to ask yourself over and over agian, is it worth it is it worth it, it clearly ISN'T worth it so don't bother spending the money!! PPL, CPL whatever. If you want it, if you are passionate about it and driven by success and achievement whether you want to instruct in Tomahawks or fly 767s, you will find a way to achieve that.

I did my PPL and CPL over 3.5 years, working fulltime and studying part time. I am self employed, running a non-aviation company and have a contract flying company, pays for all my currency costs, I get to teach guys how to fly, how to fly aerobatics (most important, people who actually want to learn and pay for it themselves), do scenic flying in antique biplanes, work on a biplane restoration project of my own, building our first house and frankly, I too, like a few others here am glad I didn't pursue flying as a fulltime occupation. Having said that I know heaps of people that have made the most of it and are having an absolute ball in all corners of the world.
All that matters is you are happy, who cares about the rest. Flying for me, is a passion first, and a job second. And it will never swap round, the day it does, is the day I walk away from it.