PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 11:04
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B.F.T.S

I have just received an email from Mike Igglesden (membership sec: 6 B.F.T.S )which proves the B.F.T.S associations are still active, and reproduce it below.

FROM FREDA FREEMAN U.S.A
No 1 B.F.T.S Terrel , Texas Museum.
"Mike: This invitation would have been mailed to you in a proper form but did not have your mailing address. You and other members of No. 6 BFTS are invited to attend our festivities in September. Paula Denson & her husband and Floyd Sherrod and I believe his spouse will be coming from Ponca City . We hope that more from BFTS 6 will do so! Our future plans for this BFTS Museum is to include the story of all six of the schools under one roof. We realize that each individual school has a part of a museum in their towns but to have the complete story of the unique, important and historical part the six schools played in the WWII victories would be wonderful!! If you have a roster of surviving members we would appreciate it. We have the roster for #5 and #3 and of course #1 which we would be happy to share with you.
Best Regards,
Freda Freeman.

I will endeavor to resume my story , this week, as some Pruners may want to know what happened to those of us who were made redundant after 'cessation of hostilities'.
Think my last contribution finished before V.J day when we were waiting for posting to the Far East. In the mean time can any one remember the names of those who said they would contribute, and didn't ?. If you do then give me names and I will contact and them and try to encourage them to contribute.