PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC situation in Spain
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2010, 07:21
bArt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And for people who keep talking about the high salaries.... I get a bit tired of the mentality that many people have that others shouldn't make more than what they make... It's just jealousy.
I'm sorry but I disagree. I and many others have to work 12 hour (or more) days to get 2000 Euro's and some change. We frantically try our best to stick to the schedule and if possible save some fuel and time only to get screwed every time because ATC is on strike or something like that because they will only earn 10 times what we have in stead of the 15 times they used to have.

Now if their actions whould get them somewhere I would understand, but just punishing us because they disaggree with their bosses or politicians frustrates me and it will have no result.
What do their chiefs care if we have our already very long day extended by an hour or two or if we burn a ton extra, they probably don't even notice.

If they want to get to the people in charge they should stop working completely instead of harrassing us.
Or they could just be happy that they still earn in one month what you would normally have to work a year for, even if it means they will have to settle with one Ferrari less each year.

By the way, I'm not jealous but I find it difficult to imagine that when you have such an irrealistically astronomically high sallary you still aren't happy about what you have.

That's just my opinion.