PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Echo Mike and G-AWAW need your help!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 17:40
EchoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Echo Mike and G-AWAW need your help!!!

Echo Mike and G-AWAW need your help.

Anyone who went to a certain well-known and much discussed north-east Florida JAA school will remember that I did the ground school lectures.

G-AWAW is a 1966 Cessna 150, it is currently at the London Science Museum's hangar in Wroughton, south of Swindon.

The reason this 150 is special is that in 1980 Janette Schonburg flew it solo from London to Darwin Australia . . . not too shabby for a slow airplane with short legs.

The museum wants it GONE, and the Cessna 150/152 Club will be restoring it in my hangar in Florida.

Removal date is 8/31, target time is 1 PM to 4 PM.

We need three or four people to help load this disassembled airplane into a container - nothing is very heavy and we will have several of our own people there - I just want to have backup in case we need it.

Here is a chance to gain access for a couple of hours to the "large artifact storage hangar" at Wroughton which is NOT open to the public in exchange for a little bit of lift and grunt. I'm not sure if you can take a camera with you to take pictures of the other aircraft in the facility, but I haven't seen anything prohibiting it - certainly worth a try ;-) and you can certainly look.

PM me for further details - this is going to happen ONE TIME and when it is over, it is over.

Best Regards,

Echo Mike