PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the RAF be scrapped? (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 17:10
Compressorstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to enjoy reading the debates on here, but instead it just descends into someone banging on about how great the Navy is. The debate here is that while some try to come up with an affordable, cost-effective solution to the provision of Defence capability, the narrow-minded brigade just see it as an opportunity to bash the RAF. People love to rush forward and tell their stories of how an organisation screwed up, or to highlight some nobs within it. I spent some of my time today trying to reach a solution with one of my Army bretheren who refused to see that his interpretation of a situation may be wrong and instead spent his time knocking my service. Great. Jointery is inhibited by the closed minds who can't move forward and instead spend their time calling names and making fun of things they don't understand.

Bernard Law Montgomery, also know as 1st Viscount Montgomery of Alamein once said:

"Air power is indivisible. If you split it up into compartments, you merely pull it to pieces and destroy its greatest asset, its flexibility. "