PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up with this career
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 16:24
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does make me laugh how many people on here with 2 years in their first airline preach as though they are the voice of experience. I feel quite sorry for them just another example of people not understanding their place.
2 years in any airline might just give you enough experience to form an opinion. Especially if that experience is first hand. 3 years in aviation before joining an airline will hopefully give you an insight to what the airlines want. The fairly common sentiment shared is that it isn't self improvement. Its a great shame. It is a viable route in terms of raw experience, it will earn genuine respect from your colleagues and piers; however its nothing more than additional black ink on a cv to employers. You jump through the same hoops as the 200hr guy or girl fresh out of Oxford who knows nothing other than a straight transition to a jet. Alternatively you can take the moral highground and play your chances with the traditional method. It didn't work for me and it isn't working for a number of my mates.

Out of interest, when someone has a few years of airline experience what is their 'place' exactly?