PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up with this career
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 15:09
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It quite sad to think the traditional route is gone for the foresseable future. While i never particularly enjoyed ppl instructing it thought me some very valuable lessons and made me realise how little i actually knew about flying! I then progressed onto a very old jet which had turbo prop performance and once again began to learn how little i knew about flying but learned an enormous amount in an aircraft with very little automation and always stuck in the weather due non rvsm compliant.While i am still relatively new to flying (little more than 5000 hours total) i do wonder will missing out on all this adversely affect the '200hr, i want a airbus/boeing now' brigade. Will they get bored alot sooner with this career, having skipped what alot would argue was the 'apprenticeship'.

I must admit i am also terrified at the propect of moving companies, as one false move and that could be curtains for my career now that experience comes against you when job hunting. It does make me laugh how many people on here with 2 years in their first airline preach as though they are the voice of experience. I feel quite sorry for them just another example of people not understanding their place.

Last edited by blackred1443; 9th Aug 2010 at 15:25.