PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 9th Aug 2010, 12:06
pilotcop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highjet - yes it costs money to do the type rating, pay for uniform, accomodation and food etc, if you didn't know this when you signed up its your own fault, all this information is readily available. You don't have to spend so much on a uniform, just buy less, go get some trousers at Marks' or elsewhere, the aircraft also have headsets, ok not ANR, but perfectly good for the job, so why splash out on a gucci 500 Euro pair?

I was lucky, i trained in UK, Line Trainined in UK, permanent base in UK, I get to spend as much time with my wife and kids as I did in my previous career. I'm happy, I fly out of a great base, with great colleagues on a great roster, pay is better than my previous job. Its not all bad....what "bad" aspects there are, are fully avaiable for all to see before signing on the dotted line.

Blackred,...I feel for your "friend", I don't know where he works but not clearing 2000Euro is a shame, I did that on my second paycheck on the low rate of pay. Pay is good, rostering good, aircraft good and colleagues good. As with anything in life, its your decision, armed with all the facts you can say yes or no, no-one forces anyone to sign these contacts.