PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 11:10
PanPanYourself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
md80fanatic - Afraid so, we have it here in the housing market, of all places. Young recently married couples constantly complain that housing is becoming unfordable etc. Truth is they want now what their parents now have, after a lifetimes work. No question of cutting their cloth according to their means and as for waiting to have children, forget it, often they have a couple of those before they even consider marriage and buying their first house!
Sorry to jump in on your off-topic discussion, but I couldn't just let you elderly gentlemen get away with disparaging my generation.

I don't know how it is where you are, but in Belgium house prices have tripled since my parents bought their home 20 years ago. Salaries have certainly not tripled in the same time frame, so it is, by all accounts, much more difficult for a honest hard working college grad to buy a home today than it was when you were younger. Supply and demand gentlemen, my generation is competing against many more (better educated) people, for increasingly scarce resources. We face challenges in the modern world that you couldn't even imagine in your wildest dreams when you were younger. So give us a break.

In the U.S. I should add that my generation has much more cause to be upset with the elderly, just look at the massive public debt due in large part to social security entitlements, and wars started by your generation.

How disrespectful of me to question my elders, I'll stop now.