PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inexperienced Pilots of LX 3597
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 23:01
rolling20

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Firstly my sympathies to the crew and passengers in this tragic event.
id just like to add to the balanced views on this incident,that this seems to have the "hallmarks" (crew wise) to the Little Rock crash in June 99!
There i believe the Captain was a veteran of (i believe) some 30 years experience,and the F/O was a newly qualified member of AA flight crew.. i am unaware of his exact length of service!
AA was pilloried at the time in the press for allowing such a situation on the flight deck to exist..ie it was termed as a Major General being crewed with a 2nd Lieutenant and all the problems inherent with such a crew pairing!
I understand AA changed their crewing procedures after this tragic event.(altough im unaware of any NTSB recommendations at this time)
However there must be literally scores of similar crewing scenarios all over the world.
If it is seen as a major problem under any workload situation,then airlines unilaterally will not allieviate the potential problem that may exist!
Perhaps we may see from the eventual report on this accident(or Little Rock) the recommendation that airlines in general adopt a more "balanced crew" when it comes to CRM!?