PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Air Corps Co-pilot/ Air Gunner
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 10:16
NDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!, All these replies are really really appreciated. Thanks to all.

I'm certainly getting a better view on what I should be looking at for an Aircrew career (If I make the cut that is).

Right, here's my current situation.

I have 13 GCSE's and soon to have 2 AS Level grades (as of next week).

I'm currently in part-time employment working for a local flying school, however they have said they would like to extend my hours and working days.

I also recently had my eyesight checked by a ex RAF optician now turned private, met him through my work, and he said my eyesight was short sighted for Pilot, but fine for all other Aircrew trades, which as I'm sure you are all aware is a massive weight of anyone's shoulders to know your eyesight is still OK .

I left my local college in June this year, to try and complete my A2 levels elsewhere, however this was not to be, as all the colleges and Sixth forms are completely full, most even have waiting lists with up to 200 people on.

As said in a previous post, as I am now 18.5 years , unfortunately I would be made to pay for my education and at the moment, I have my driving test in a few weeks along with paying for driving lessons, so it's not as easy to get onto the courses now.

Don't get me wrong education is important, however I feel that I can prove to the AFCO's that I feel that I am the right man for the job, the education side of things is important, yes, but they are just a stepping stone and filter as said in previous topics.

Davejb, I totally appreciate your comment and thank you for it, I will have to think hard about why I have 13 GCSE's and not 5-8 GCSE's and 2-3 A levels, but I feel that I can provide honestly why that is.

As said in all my other posts on this thread, thank you all ever so much and please keep the info. and comment coming, all your comments mean alot.

NDW