PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilot EBA dead
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 09:55
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jetstar is about to commence a new style of contract for new pilots within Australia. The new terms and conditions will be a deterioration to the present pilots EBA 2008 and will be offered firstly to Jetstar Asia and Jetstar New Zealand employees who may wish to transfer to Australia to take up promotion opportunities within Australia, possibly at the expense of those already on the Australian EBA.
With news such as this I can imagine that the entire pilot body at Jetstar are combining together to discuss the potential ramifications to not only their own positions, but just as importantly the scenario presented to new hires?

After such discussion it is then reasonable to expect that your concerns would then be presented to management, backed by the solidarity of a professional workforce that are determined not to let the current conditions slip!

Its great to see a united front of pilots, concerned at the pay and conditions of new hires!

Good luck guys, I'm sure your concern and solidarity will prevail and this attempt at lowering the standards of tech crew in Australia will be cut off

(By the way my niece is about to graduate from high school and is keen on the Jetstar cadetship, if anyone has any pointers on the selection process any info would be much appreciated! PM me if you like. Any info much appreciated )

Last edited by Compylot; 9th Aug 2010 at 10:17. Reason: Forgot to add "Any info much appreciated"