PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France - Edinburgh to New York JFK via Paris
Old 9th Aug 2010, 09:05
Momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plenty of time

I have done the F to E transfer for a US flight twice last year and it took 45 minutes to get from plane to gate, including a bus transfer one of the two times, and all the security checks. However, I was in business which let me use a fast lane for passport and security. French queueing discipline being what it is, you can jump if in a rush and not too many people will mind.

However, I actually missed my flights both times. (GVA-GDG-Houston) and they moved me to a later flight, frustrating since the plane was still at the gate the second time, but they would not let me on as they had assumed that I would not make the transfer. My inbound delays were due to strikes, an Air France strike the first time and an air traffic controller strike the second time. Strikes are the main reason to avoid flights with transfers in France. You just never know whether you will be affected as there are so many moving parts, all with aggressive unions.