PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 06:29
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edit: A [ was missing in the end quote. Best use the quote icon and centre your cursor and then paste.
Rather than keep trying to thread a camel through the eye of a needle, why don't you highlight the text you want to quote with your mouse, then click the "Quote" button?

By the way, I didn't see this pasted (my bolds):

REBEL cabin crew at British Airways again want to cripple the airline with a "12 days of Christmas" strike.

They want a repeat of the action threatened last year, which was thwarted at the last minute by a High Court judge.

Unite's Tony Woodley is due to meet BA chief exec Willie Walsh for more talks on the pay dispute on Monday.

But Bassa - the militant cabin crew union within Unite - is keen on a new strike ballot to get a mandate for the 12-day Christmas stoppage.

A source told The Sun: "The feeling is that we can't let BA run away. We need to prolong it."

BA, which is expected to confirm today that this year's stoppages have cost it almost £150million, has said it will fly all services in a strike - using volunteers trained up as cabin crew.

But the source said: "I doubt they'll fancy it over the Christmas holidays."
Two marvellous points there:

(1) The biggest selling UK daily calls them Militant.
(2) Only one person has an interest in prolonging it; once it's over, he stops getting wads of his members cash.