PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Criteria for Campaign Medals
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 05:23
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dammit, my typing just disappeared..
If you are in danger of being bombed or shot at for some minimum period (say 24 hrs - feel free to argue) then get the medal. Shoudl a Reaper pilot get it for flying from Nevada? Hell no, and if bombing the bad guys stresses you out then you are in the wrong job....you genuinely have my sympathy, I'm sure that many people join the armed forces thinking they are snake eaters only to discover that they think too much about their jobs to be comfortable with what they do, but you are in the wrong job and need to change it. If I were a squaddie who'd been shot at for the past few months I'd be kinda pissed at the idea of guys x thousand miles away getting it under some sort of 'stress' heading.

Campaign medals haven't been that easy to collect in the past for HMF, personally I think it devalues a campaign medal to start all this 'I bombed a guy from 6000miles away and feel really upset about it' crap, so whilst I am absolutely sure I've just turned several PPruners incandescent ... I strongly disagree with you.
(Discuss)

Dave