PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 22:57
42psi

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts
If however, in future you are asked the question about when the next likely dates for industrial action are going to be, it would be wise to advise whoever is doing the asking that no dates, no matter how sacrosanct, have been ruled out.

Is this not sailing rather close to the wind and annother potential route for the BA legal team?

If I understand it correctly the current industrial action has now ended .. without resolution.

Further industrial action can only take place after annother vote/ballot (on a seperate issue if, as I understand the various posts, dispute protection is to exist) when authorised by Unite - as made very clear by the recent missive from Unite on the blinds.

Can an official of Unite tell it's members to make statements about industrial action dates on a "when not if - nothing ruled out" basis??

I guess so if Unite is prepared to accept any possible consequences, but the last message from them seemed to suggest they want to keep a tight grip on any statements/instructions.....